So, you want to get unlocks the secrets of “how to do mobile app marketing & how to build killer strategy for getting more downloads?”. I think, these questions are teasing you everytime and might be you want to prove yourself as a good performer in your team.
Here, I am going to share fantastic mobile app marketing tips and its killer strategy which are recently using in different mobile app development companies. After reading this you will feel more confident. Let’s begin it.
Ranking an app in different app stores is a challenge for app marketers these days. Because millions of similar apps available across ios, windows phone, android and other app store. Due to this reason, marketing begins before app gets launch and after it’s launched. Both time marketers build their best strategies for organic and paid app marketing channels. So that, they can drive more business leads for their organizations. Before going into deeper lets cover the fundamental part of it.
What do you mean by Mobile App Marketing?
It is a complex process that takes lots of time and efforts of marketer for doing marketing. It aims to land more revenue and user engagement from the target audience who have already downloaded or want to buy something that you are providing to them.
After understanding the meaning of it. Now you need to learn when, where and how to start doing app marketing for your company? Every mobile app before it goes live in the app store, we have to define who are the target audience, where are they now and how they will find this app.
Want to understand in more simple way? Here it is-
There are some steps that you need to follow before it gets launch-
1. Important & Relevant Keyword Research: In the app world, keywords play a vital role because it describes your app functionality and features. For instance, if we want to search any app like “Hill Climb Racing 2” then we can search it like “top racing game” or we can search like “ editor choice racing game”. So, enlist those keywords which can defines your app easily. There are different tools available which are recommended by Neil Patel for your App Store Optimization tool & its competitors AppCod.es. Both tools helps you to find which keyword is mostly used by your competitors. Also, you can get which keyword often searched within the app stores.
2. App Name: Every product has assigned with some specific name for defining their characteristics. So, you need to choose a unique name & memorable. But it also contains keywords in the name of the app. So that, it can come in the search result. Including the best competitive keywords in the app name will drives more searches, reviews and downloads.
3. Eye catchy Icon: I think everyone is first interact with an icon of the app before that he/she clicks on more details of the app. It means, your mobile app icon design matter. First and foremost, your icons reflect the purpose of your app. This is a key element of your app which drive more attention of app seekers.
4. List out Competitors: After completing the task of arranging and collecting your keywords. Now, you can start with research on Competitor keywords. First, start searching using your target keywords in the app store. Make a List of those top 4 or 5 competitors who are initially ranked in the search result. Specially, select only those who are closely related to your app without using any filter. Somehow they are ranking because their products and services are relevant to search query. After that, make a list of your competitors features sets and also what other keywords they are focusing to get ranked into search result?One more tip you can use it, If your competitors got 4.5 or closest star with thousand downloads then you have to go with them. It will help you more in planning better strategies.
5. Choose the Best Category: It’s an amazing thing that you can rank in the Top Charts, only if your category is relevant for Application. However, your app can face difficulties getting ranked high in the social category (against apps like Facebook, twitter, instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest or other) than the lifestyle category (against app like Horoscope, cooking recipes). Popular category’s brand app are available more now and it’s tough to beat them, but if you did it, then you will definitely earn tons of downloads.
Most discussion points are about to understand both pros and cons of selecting any category. We have to think about the risk factor before launching it.
6. Upload Featured Images: Like everyone saying that an image can give more easily explanation better then your wordings. It is easy to grasp within the fraction of second of interaction. Whatever you want to deliver to your target user its will consume instantly. Make sure your screenshot is able to describe your most important app features along with functionality.
Now, you know more about the Mobile App Marketing. Let’s get learn more about how you are going to promote it after your app release.
There are list of tips & Tricks that you can do in effective-
1. Build Promo Site: Before your mobile app gets live you need to build a site for it. So, you can drive more attentions and engagement for your app. It will help you to increase post plan traffic for it. You can Refer Google Primer for building your promotional web page.
2. Email Marketing: If you have already collected enough emails id then start promoting to them who eagerly wants to know when will your app going to launch. Also, you can do in providing updates regarding recent new updates within the app. Your updates should contain the information related to version, features, errors removed, & upcoming features.
3. Content Creation & Promotions: Start writing interesting and engaging content that will drive potential users to your website. BufferApp can help you in sharing on different social media sites.
4. Press Release: According to Neil Patel, he said “ he said “ Press release is the best way to give boost your startup business and it will help you to reach more journalists.
5. List out App Review sites: Start submitting your mobile app information on different & popular app reviews site. You can use AppBrain , AppStoreApps, ZDNet, BusinessInsider and TechCrunch. Then can generate lots of buzz for your app if they approved your app details.
6. Register for Awards: Here a few sites available Kiip Build Fund or The Mobileys. If you got selected as a Winner then you will automatically attract promotors.
7. Create Featured Promotional Video: Create Amazing creative videos which can easily engage your target users while they are watching it. It should include start from who can use it, how to use it and how it is useful for your target user?.
8. Share Image On Pinterest: Share your top app featured images on pinboard and drive more followers, likes and shares. Here, you can share & promote your different types of informative images like infographics, visual content, blog promotion with their images.
9. Mouth to Mouth Promotion (Recommendation): If your mobile app got likes by your target audience in the social group then it will become a part of the discussion and recommendation. It is kind of indirect marketing of your app which will help you to get a promotion in your local region.
10. Create Social Group on Social Sites: By creating social group on the basis of common interest for your app’s niche. It will give you a chance to get live review & feedback from your target user. It gives you a chance to know where you need improvement in app functionality or also get unique ideas for further upgradations.
11. Optimize App Signature: It’s all about your app and why the user wants to make an action to download it. Optimize whenever it requires to update it.
12. Paid Campaign: You can get more downloads by promoting your app on social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. But you have to focus on demographics part. Choose the best age group, locations, use proper CTA button (Install App), set duration of the campaign. Save your time and money by optimizing your paid campaign weekly basis.
13. Ask for Reviews & Ratting in Apps: Might be you observe it, If you have installed any app, then it will automatically show you a popup where they are asking for ratting us or encourage us like this type of statement.
14. Pre-launch Request Installation: If you are using paid campaign for building an awareness among potential user then you can tell them for making a pro-launching request. So they can notify you in the future for installation.
You can build an app for starting your business but it’s harder to build and promote it. As increasing in the demand of mobile apps, difficult to market on different marketing channels. We need to understand first the requirement of mobile app as per the end users. After that, we have to find out the ways of marketing of it. Because it will drive more business opportunities for you. For making your app successful, you need to do market research, understand demand, fix the timeline of release date, and most important things LUCK to beat the competitors if they are available in the market.