The company website is an essential for every business no matter what size one is. A lot of entrepreneurs want to set up their own website. Many choose do-it-yourself prepared prior cheap options. Those usually look shabby and unprofessional. And that is where the website design businesses or people step in. They offer to design your one www and make it look presentable. To be honest, the biggest problem is that lots of them does not have any technical background, which means the job will be done much worse than expected. Those individuals or companies can also very easily overcharge their customer, knowing that they will pay any quoted price. It is very important that you know how to choose the perfect for you website design company or a person, so you pay a normal price for a well done job.
You should focus on some factors when making a choice and here is the top ten of them.
- First of all, make sure that you have prepared the content for your website. Before you approach any potential service provider you have to know what do you want to appear on your website, how do you want it to be done and approximate overall appearance.
- Next thing is obviously the money. If the website design is rather simple one – you should pay around 400 Euros. The price will grow with the requirements you have and the difficulty of the job.
- You don’t have to choose one of the service providers. There is absolutely no need for that. The best and a very smart step is to take quotes from various companies to compare their offers. Do not jump for the cheapest one straight away as the job could be not up to your standards.
- Most of the professional and serious companies will have the portfolio of their previous work. Do not hesitate to ask for it and see what are they capable of.
- Don’t look for the companies or people based near you. It is not essential to come to the office or to have the service provider close to you. There is so many ways of communication nowadays. You can reach the service provider from all over the country (or world) and still be able to contact them easily.
- No, very important – the timing. If you provide all the content of your future website to the web design company, then the work should be done within a month. Be careful when the company needs more than a couple of months – it could mean that they do not do the project themselves but hire an offshore team.
- Make sure that the company you hire to do your project offers you more than just a nice appearance for you www. What you look for is also the features like website security, hosting, maintenance or SEO.
- Check if the company includes in their project the CMS feature. It will give you the opportunity to make adjustment and changes anytime on your own.
- If the company is based close to you – visit their office. This way you can get to know the people who do your project a bit better and make your demand much more clear.
- Always check the progress of the work, inspect the work every week.