If you are a taxi entrepreneur who is looking to develop a ride-hailing app or driving apps like Uber, ensure that your application has some unique features which can make your taxi booking app stands-out from other apps. This blog will highlight five unique features that one can incorporate to your taxi app to develop an app as successful as Uber, Grab and Lyft.
Recently, the Uber, a well-known taxi booking app secured the second position in the maximum downloaded travel apps in Europe. While designing a taxi app, giving an option for outstation booking is the most important feature which will facilitate you to offer your service between multiple cities. With this feature, you allow your passengers to book a cab/taxi from one city to another city through their smartphone. With just a few steps, the passengers can book a cab for traveling to a different city, either at a fixed rate or at a rate as per kilometers cover and time taken to complete the journey. You can also allow them to have multiple stops to explore the different areas of another place and travel at their own convenience and pace.
To deliver a better experience, you can facilitate your passengers to book a taxi in advance with options to select the vehicle and driver. By integrating this option to your taxi app, you can serve your travelers with rich riding experience. With the option of outstation riding, you can expand your business to other cities and extend your customer base with flexible outstation service.
Another feature that one must include while designing apps like Uber is Day Packages. With this exclusive feature, you can allow passengers to hire a car with a driver on rent for a specific time period and kilometers. Irrespective of from where passengers have booked a car, it will assist them in availing a car with a driver for a particular time according to their convenience. You can ask your Taxi Booking App Development Company to give you an option in the admin panel to define multiple packages. This feature will give your passengers a feel that they are driving in their personal car and will make your app stands-out from other cab booking apps available in the market.
Membership for Riders
Offering a prime membership for your passengers can be another unique feature that you can consider while planning to create an app like Uber. Incorporating this exclusive feature (which even Uber, Lyft and Grab haven’t provided to their users) can fetch you the attention of more customers. With the membership plan, you can facilitate your riders to select a plan according to their requirements and enjoy rides up to allocated kilometers. Your taxi app development team can give an option in the admin panel for you to create multiple membership plans.
Nowadays, the carpooling has become popular and many taxi booking apps offer this feature. It is one of the essential features that you should include in your taxi booking mobile app. With this feature, you can allow the passengers to select carpooling if they wish to share a ride with other people going to the same destination to split the cost. By providing a carpooling feature, you can improve the success rate of your mobile application.
To know the other common yet important features that you must include in your taxi booking app, read Important Features for Taxi Booking App.
Customize Trip Parameter
Nowadays, people look for this feature in taxi app and it plays a crucial part in the success of any travel application. This feature facilitates rider to make some special request at the time of generating a ride request. For instance, they can request for a baby seat for riders who are traveling with their toddlers, a wheelchair for the handicapped individual, and any such request. By fulfilling these special requests by your passengers, you can offer them a rich traveling experience and grab more and more riders towards your business. This feature will help you to build your customers’ trust in your company so that they will prefer your service over other service providers.
These are some advanced features that you can include in your app, but you can also consider reading another blog that will guide you on how to Develop Next Game-Changing Taxi Booking App.
So if you are a taxi business owner and planning to develop a taxi booking app similar to Uber, Grab or Lyft, you should create an app with easy navigation. Also, make sure that your application includes minimum steps while booking a cab through smartphones as in the fast-paced life, people don’t like a lengthy process. In case, you are confused about which features to be included in your app; you can contact the experts from Panacea who have experience of developing numerous on-demand app development.
The idea of building apps similar to Uber has widespread all around. Indeed, Uber is a massive success in the U.S market, where an organization has changed the whole concept of taxi industry with its customer-centric service. If we see Uber, they have recently launched a new service which is known as Uber health. There, the service delivers a taxi hailing platform which is primarily available for the healthcare service provider such as clinics, hospitals, and rehab centres and so on. Even the rider does not need the Uber app features or a smartphone for accessing the service. So if you want to develop your own ride-hailing app or uber like app, then make sure that your app should serve some of the unique features which can help your app to stand out from the crowd.
So, addressing the unique features for your taxi app below is the given major listed features to make your app as successful as Uber:-
To build a successful taxi booking app similar to Uber, this has recently secured the second position in the most downloaded travel app. Therefore, the most important feature which you can include is an outstation service’ that allows you to provide a service between two different cities. With just a few taps user can book a taxi for traveling one place to another, which can be on a flat rate or a rate per kilo meter where you can allow your customers to have multiple stopovers, explore the city and travel as per the convenience. So, by using this feature, a user can book a taxi from one town to another and can travel at their own convenience.
With this option, you can serve your customers with rich riding experience for their outstation need. So by incorporating this feature, you can think of extending your business with flexible outstation service.
This feature can facilitate the user to hire a car with their personal driver for a particular time and kilo meter. So no matter whether passengers book a cab for outstation or any other place, it will help your user to get a car with a personal driver.
You can incorporate different types of packages that allows kilometer and time in your Taxi Booking App and then charge accordingly to your customers. This feature can also help you to make your app stand out from other booking apps as you will give your rider a feel of driving their car.
In this fast-moving era, cab pooling options has gained massive popularity in the market. It is helping passengers to share their rides with other riders and can save an immense amount of money. Cab pooling is an essential feature which you can also consider in your taxi booking app.
This feature can help a rider to opt for car-pooling where they can share their ride with other riders those who are going on the same place and can split the cost with them. So, you can incorporate this feature in your app to bring office goers together and commuters to share their rides. It can also help you to increase the success rate of your app and allow them to ride with other riders.
Advance Fare System
Advance fare system plays a role in cab business. This feature enables admin to set a specific fare for a particular area and time. So, when it comes to set a fare in a system, then there are three different parameters which include time-based, distance, and area wise. For instance, you can set a particular fare when there is a surge like 9 to 11 am, and the second is particular area wise where the high demand of taxi and then the third one is distance wise you can charge X amount up to a specific kilo meter. For example: GoSpAXI taxi’ they allow you to set fare and price based on the particular area time and distance.
Trip Parameter enables a rider to book a ride with a special request. For instance, if anyone wants to travel with a baby, he/she can schedule a trip with the baby seat. Apart from the baby seat, riders can also book a ride from one destination to another. Henceforth, taxi parameter is one of the most important features which you can include and provide to your riders.
So, if you are running a cab business or planning for the one, then you can provide above-given features in your Cab Booking App by enabling them to book a ride with just a few tabs using their smartphone.
When every start-up or business owner was seeking for the solution, Uber brought the revolutionized changes in the service market on a large scale and made on-demand services the new trend, which eventually transferred into cleaning, design, food, and numerous other industries.
Are you also looking to create apps like Uber? Here are the features that you need to focus on while developing a taxi booking app:
The first and the most important thing, while it comes to developing cab booking app, is that you actually need to create two different apps and both would be connected to the admin portal: one for the drivers and the other one would be for the passengers.
Important Features of Passenger App
- Login/ Registration Page: There are various ways to allow registration, but the best way is to facilitate registration through social media; email option also one of the options.
- Booking Interface: One of the most important screens which facilitates passenger to enter travel data and book a cab.
- Fare Calculator: This feature allows an application to calculate the estimated cost of the ride before booking a ride.
- Reviews and Rating: Feedback from real-time users is very important; hence an app should have a feedback system where the user can leave feedback about the vehicle, the driver and the trip.
- Contact Details: Another important feature which facilitates passenger and driver to communicate directly.
- Payment: There should be an in-app facility for payment. Also, the user should receive a bill or quote for every trip. Allowing saving card details for one-click checkout is common and one should include it in order to build an impactful app.
- Push Notifications: Updating passenger with the booking progress and other important information related to their ride is important.
- Ride History: Showing details of the earlier rides and receipts and facilitating to re-booking the same ride.
Features of Driver App
There are some features that will be common for both passengers and drivers; such features include login, support, push notifications, and messaging. Apart from common features, here is a list of unique features for driver application:
- Profile and Status: Before allowing any driver to enroll on the app, proper verification is very important. Drivers should need to submit their tax number and license at the time of registration. The status functionality should assist them in adjusting their schedule and availability.
- Order Alert: Along with push notification, the driver should receive notification on the new booking, route details, payment, etc. There should be a facility to accept and decline the ride requests.
- Navigation: This feature will suggest the best route to reach the passenger and onwards.
- Reports: Driver should able to get a quick glance on trip earnings, stats, and payroll.
The above are common features, here are some additional and high in demand features to consider while creating a taxi booking app:
- Bill Splitting: This feature allows passengers to split the bill and pay only their share of the bill. In the recent time, Uber has introduced this feature of splitting the ride fare with friends.
- Updating Pick or Drop Location: With this feature, the passenger can update details; accordingly, the fare will also change. Uber already have this feature.
- Voice Commands: Nowadays, almost every app support voice command so why not cab booking app? The fact is that many users look for this feature.
- Waitlist: Another important feature for any taxi booking app, especially during peak hours. This feature allows users to add themselves on a waiting list rather than searching for a ride on a regular interval.
- Option to Select Driver: People who use cab on a daily basis, they might have a driver preference and this feature can help them to travel with their preferred driver.
The admin panel is the most important part of any mobile application. This helps to manage, store, and review all the in-app activity. The admin panel should give you a quick overview of all the progressions; recommend the best navigation for trips and drivers; manage payroll and revenue and collect information on your clientele for further development. Though the taxi booking app can survive without admin panel initially; as your customer base will increase it may become quite a hassle. Hence, you should invest in the admin panel.
If you are planning to Uber Clone App, these are the three segments with their important features. Incorporate all these features to build an effective application.
Once the taxi service was royalty, Uber made it need by making it affordable. Not only did uber disturbed the traditional taxi service, but also hinder the way people carry out their business. Today, Uber is on the most demand service model which can be applied to almost all the niches of the industries. It is not overemphasizing to say that the demand for demand solutions is increasing with the every passing day. People improve their power of the imagination and conceptualize a fairly unseen niche with an on-demand solution.
Uber taxi app started its journey with an IOS app. Originally uber could only book the rides for their customer, but with time passes uber started given luxury cab services with the launch of uber black. Uber black allowed the user to choose their ride as per their preference from a wide range of luxury cars. However, it is only managed to please the upper class. Then UberX came with a promise to charge right and became a default cab hailing service for most of the people. But uber more plans to enhance the customer experience and this came in the form of user pool.
Components of the system like Uber app – An app is not merely a client app with a convenient interface to book a ride it is a system of communication between administrator, driver or passenger of the service which consists of 3 elements.
- App for customer
- App for a driver
- App for admin
App for customer – The fundamental goal of the app is to serve the customer to book a taxi ride and pay for it from the mobile app, for providing customers with truly convenient and functional service, then the customer part of the taxi app must have the next functions which is given below.
- Registration via email, social media or the phone number
- Managing order function: to specify the pickup and dop address
- Track the driver’s location in real time
- Price for a ride before placing an order
- Integrated payment system
- Push/SMS notification
- Review and feedback
- History of orders
App for driver
- App for the taxi driver should include next features like
- Registration/login and the status updating
- Accept and deny passengers orders
- See the location of the customer, destination point and the route visualization on the map
- Order history
- Push notification
- Cost of the ride
- Customers feedback
App for Admin – Administrative panel is nothing but a controlling tool. In this admin panel can see all the vital statics of the performance such as drivers performance and incomes, information about the customers their complaints. With this tool, admin can also add or delete drivers from the system or their accounts set suspended or terminated.
The architecture of the system – To develop a fully functional taxi app system, you will need a back end part. Which are nothing but a server and its application, which will help you to collect the data, receive it from app and process it and send it back to the mobile apps. The speed of the service will depend on how fast the server process the data. The faster the service is, the better to provide the good speed of the work.
- Registration/login and the status updating
- Accept or deny passenger orders
- Customer’s location his destination point and the route visualization on the map
- Order history
- Push notification
- Cost of the ride
- Customer’s feedback
App development process – Developing an app is a long and complicated process which includes multiple stages which are given below. The first stage is Ideas validation and creation. After developing a design or idea then UX/UI phase comes with all the apps functional planned. At this phase, it’s essential to get defined with all the platforms to develop the app for. There are three options for making a cross-platform app fitting to both Android and IOS and then for making the work of app faster and more correct it always recommended to develop the app separately for each platform then quality assurance come for searching for the bugs and fixing them.
Cost of the app like Uber – There won’t be any specific answer to this question of fixed priced and the required amount of time. There is a verity of factors such as the amount of work, the number of specialists hired, their speed of action, hourly rates of the specialist. Nevertheless, it is possible to approximately count the work volume in hours and having divided the work into sections.
- Design approx. 50 hours
- Development of the mobile app on each of the platform approx. 350 hours per platform
- Developing of application programming interface approx. 80hours
- Admin panel development approx. 180 hours
When above mentioned measured taking into the account it can be resumed the development of mobile app on one platform which can take up to 660 hrs. The average hourly rate for developers is $40, and the currency would cost $26,400 to develop an app on one platform. If we sum all the above costs, then it will be 1320 hours and $52,800 to develop a taxi app on both platforms.
Have a look at one of our client’s review, which is based on our performance is given below:
Technologies for Uber – Apps which tries to repeat the success of apps like uber or to gain the same popularity and some revenue must integrate a stack of technologies without these uber technologies the work of the application would be hardly imaginable.
- Maps and Geolocation – Ability to locate the customer or driver, where allows the service to be fast and reliable. Setting the route and counting the distance of the ride would be for the users who are impossible to see without maps.
- Push notification helps the customer to give timely information for making the customer come to cabs on time additionally the driver will know about the new orders.
- App payments- Opportunity to make cashless payments right from the booking cab is one of the top specialty provided in taxi apps. The number of methods should be available for cashless payments such as credit/debits cards, wallets, PayPal, etc.
Design – The success of mobile app majorly depends upon the convenience of the user interface for the customers. It should be easy to understand, and the best way for the app to be comfortable and intuitive in usage. Different platforms apps such as Android and IOS differ substantially in design. The app should be designed for both platforms such as IOS and Andriod. This given rule is called a nativeness it also it is followed by the app developer of taxi service such as Uber.
Analytics – For operating the business successfully, you should have access to the feedback option. It will help the operator to know about what people like and what they dislike and many more. All these you get directly from customers by including an option of leaving feedback to an app, there also another platform of getting feedback which is an analytic system, with the help of this we can get the customer reviews and their feedback which can help us to improve the app.
So, for wrapping up, you need to be very careful on what features you are selecting for your app, not to make it look like feature stuffed app, try to be as useful as for your end users.
Another aspect for creating your taxi-hailing app is the cost, which depends upon the create an app like uber. While there numerous in app development market to claim to be the pioneers in the industry well, not everybody has got that hands-on experience on-demand solution.