The number of smartphone users around the globe has reached 3 billion and expected to reach the highest of a hundred million in the coming years. Statistics suggest that the average smartphone usage of a person is 2 hours a day. Moreover, around 22% of mobile users check their phones randomly within some minutes.
The only reason behind the analysis is to present how lucrative it would be to have an app-based business. As opportunities are immense and a huge gap of users remains untapped, mobile app development for business is an exact plan-of-action to stay competent in the future.
Now, heading towards an upcoming boom what could be the very first move;
Build an app or get it developed.
But before moving further, there are some common queries that need to be addressed before getting started with mobile app development.
Desired Platform for Mobile app development
Mobile app development cost also majorly depends on the framework you choose that are native to the dedicated platform. The cross-platform framework can also be an alternative for hybrid mobile app development that can be integrated with multiple operating systems with no significant changes in code.
Native applications are built to support specific platforms; moreover, programs, and services can be easily accessed in the device for enhanced performance. One thing also needs to be considered before going with a native app is that these apps are compatible with all devices, excluding the ones for which they are exclusively made.
On the other side, in contrast to the native app, hybrid apps are capable enough to perform on diverse app platforms with the same codebase, which again makes it highly compatible with other devices.
Cross-platform is one of the most adopted types, as the names suggest; you can quickly launch an app on iOS and Android that is built on cross-platform. A single app serves multiple purposes and helps to get a large number of audiences in a short span while keeping the cost low.
The pricing factors associated with mobile application development, based on their types
The very first factor which is to be considered is the type of app you need. The types of the app make up the cost factor, as every type serves its own purpose with distinctive features. Some of the most common and highly-demanded app types are social networking apps, functionality apps, on-demand apps, ecommerce, and data-driven apps. Some of them have identical features, but every type is built from a different perspective.
Also, deriving categories is one of the key parameters to be considered before getting into app development. The categories such as business, gaming, music, education, and travel will vary the app cost.
- The cost of a simple basic app such as diet planners and calendar apps could be somewhere around $5000 to $10,000. This type doesn’t need the support of remote data servers.
- Webservers supported apps cost fall in the range of $8,000 to $50,000 as these kinds of apps are more keenly programmed and backed by the remote servers for data saving.
- Gaming mobile apps development costs high compared to other apps types. It ranges between $25,000 to $1 Million or even more. The game might look too simple at the frontend, but is integrated with loads of complex programs and logics. For example, the cost of the most famous games, Angry Birds, was approximately $140 Million, though its revenue covered the price many times. Mobile gaming apps require simplified design and UI/UX, deep planning, and logic integration, which adds up to the cost of the app development.
Factors that have major effect on the mobile app development cost
- Servers, domains, hosting and other app infrastructure services
- App architecture collation
- Databases integration for data and media
- Back-end infrastructure for app scalability
- Service integration such as payments, analytics, API and other third-party services
- Libraries, encryption, transfer, and development tools
- Testing and updates
App development isn’t just about bringing your business idea on a platform to reach the target customers. It involves various pre-release planning such as,
- Business Analysis
- UI/UX design and wireframe
- Development phase
- Quality testing
- Project management
Further, factors such as app marketing, app maintenance, and support come into picture after the app release. These overall parameters are deeply allied to the cost factor, as every component in the app development holds a significant expense. One should prioritize every component with a calculated budget, considering the features that are to be included. The app cost may be tentative, but focusing on the key elements such as UX, UI, branding, and platforms would surely take you nearby to the approximate budget.
The overall development process might look simple, but pre-planning appears to be a nightmare. So looking to build an app for your business, Panacea Infotech can direct you in the end-to-end process. Reach out to us, and we will take care of the whole development process, respective to your guidelines and requirements.