Web and Mobile Application have become an integral part of business life because almost every business has to turn towards the web, and mobile application development for leveraging business results like a lead generation of higher brand value increased reach, increase in business profits, etc. Mobile and web apps have not just limited themselves to be a medium of distribution, but they evolved as an essential part of the communication between the company and its customers. It’s helping you for shaping your business strategies and learn consumer behavior also keeping a close eye on your competition. Websites are a vital and integral part of a broader strategy which is necessary for businesses wanting to build strong brand value. They also provide many benefits to offer, as they strengthen your brand’s customer experience.
Moreover, websites are still a significant part of the e-commerce industry. So there are web, native and hybrid three main app types which you can explore for your app development project: but the primary question is which is better to choose? It mainly depends on your business objective and overall goals which can even make or break the success of your mobile app strategy. While deciding for building an app, there are numerous factors which you need to consider. Therefore this comparative guide will examine all the three approaches from the standpoint of a company looking to develop a mobile app.
Web App Development.
There is a fundamental difference between websites and web apps. Websites are typically generated to provide complete information, whereas web apps give away a practical solution which can seamlessly run on mobile sites. The significant advantage of web apps is that it does not need any platform specification they run seamlessly on android, iOS, Window, etc. Web apps are not for downloading, but it can smoothly load in web browsers such as Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc. It doesn’t even take up a user’s device space.
Web apps are progressive web apps, as they are the hybrid of mobile apps and web apps. So, rendering the functionalities of mobile apps to web apps, progressive web apps can now send push messages, use phone hardware and so on. Hence this technology is still limited to iOS and Windows users as it is available on Google Chrome.
Below is the given advantage of Web app:
• Easy to build
• Easy to maintain.
• Single code base across platforms.
• Developing costs are lower.
Below is the given limitations of Web app:
• Interactions are not so neat and responsive if compared to other apps.
• Slower than native apps.
• Less interactive and intuitive than native apps.
• Cannot leverage device utilities.
• UI elements are consistent.
Native Mobile App Development
Native mobile apps are the most common app. They are mainly built for some specific platform and written in languages which platform accepts such as Swift and Objective- C for native iOS apps and Java or Kotlin for native Android apps. Mobile app Development Company also builds native mobile apps with an integrated development environment for multiple operating systems. The most commonly used syntax for native app development is Swift and Objective- C for iOS and Java mainly for Android. Native mobile apps are fast and responsive as they build with platform specifications. They are interactive and give users a natural flow of functions due to their already set platform standards. However, they can be costly if someone has a limited budget.
Moreover, the arisen of modern technologies such as Xamarin and react native have changed the scenario. These are the two leading technologies which allowed mobile app developers to create native apps for a various platform with a single codebase. So both native and hybrid mobile app development technologies are built to serve native Android, iOS, and Windows development ecosystem.
Below is the given advantage of Native mobile apps:
• Native apps are fast and responsive as it is built for a specific platform.
• They are interactive, intuitive and run much smoother.
• It also allows developers to access the full features.
• Can work offline, the internet is not required.
• It is available in app stores hence marketing is easy.
• Least use of hardware and give efficient coding experience.
Below is the given limitations of Native mobile apps:
• Different codebase required for different platform.
• Time taking.
• No cross platform support.
• Prior approval required for the Apple App store.
• Maintaining updating are demanding.
Hybrid App Development
Below is the given advantage of Hybrid App Development:
• Single code base so easy and fast to develop
• Provide cross platform support
• Convenient, fast and cost effective to build.
• Apps can be easily marketed in app stores.
• Provide easy and quicker updates.
• Can work offline.
Below is the given limitations of Hybrid App Development:
• It is less responsive and slower than the native app.
• The UX is usually compromised.
• Submission is required for a relevant app store.
• Depended on a third-party platform.
• Expensive than web apps.
The best way to choose between web, native, and hybrid mobile app development is through analyzing your business goals. Consider essential factors like app speed, UX, complex features and budget before going for a mobile app development technology. However, the primary objective behind building an application should be developing a quicker, rapid, reliable and responsive way to communicate with your end users.