In addition to Magento migration, one of the essential parts about Magento website is its security. More people are already asking how they can keep their websites safe. Many experts recommend that scanning or doing a Magento Security Audit.
There are numerous tools and services which can initiate in helping you perform Magento Security Audit, and one can save both time and money by making sure that precautions should be taken care to keep your website safe and secure.
Here we have discussed numerous ways which can help in making your Magento based website safe from cyber-attacks:
Develop your security scan:
While it requires a lot of work to keep the website secure, here are the tips one can figure out to see while doing a Magento security audit and making website safe.
1. Migrating to the latest version: As the support for Magento1 will get over by June 2020, there will be no update’ Magento will release for security and website owners have to secure their website by own. This will lead to potential problems for Magento 1 website owners as their websites will be more prone to cyber-attacks. The sites developed on magento1 will be outdated as Magento will no longer update its magento1 websites.
Meanwhile, Magento 2.0.x support stopped in March 2018. This means that if one is in a variation of Magento 2.0.x the website has no got any update based on security patches, quality fixes, and documentation updates.
The most favored way to protect the website from a potential threat is to migrate from Magento 1 website to its latest version 2.3. This will make sure that the website will maintain security, performance and PCI compliance. Some people can say that this process is expensive and requires a specialist for it, but it is possible to do it by you. It is essential to understand that Magento will stop providing updates and tech-support to website owners for Magento 1 after June 2020. This means that if your site becomes a cyber-attack target, then it will be your responsibility to fix the website.
2. Secure environment and SSL certificates: It is crucial to have a trustworthy Magento hosting provider. There is no other path to choose from. Magento does not run smoothly with a cheap hosting plan as the cheap hosting plans bring very little space for both your website and your traffic. For a wide range of space that requires a Magento site, the best part is that you invest in a premium sharing plan or consider the VPS network. The virtual private server initiates with server space giving control over the size of the website. Having VPS will give you greater freedom on a website, and the best advantage is that VPS does not require utilizing a strict number of software programs. In this way, one can easily integrate the software and can set up the server.
3. Security patches: Magento security Patch was designed to fix threats in Magento. The platform recommends that you upgrade all available security patches. There are numerous ways to host the website and access a server; the platform developed three important methods for installing a patch.
Let’s see this below:
With the help of a secure shell (SSH), to install the patch is what is recommended by Magento. Contact the hosting provider, for setting SSH.
• Upload patch files to the installation folder.
• Ensure that store compiler gets disabled.
• Run the commands in SSH console
• .sh extension:
• sh patch_file_name.patch
• Download the file to ensure that the patch was smoothly installed.
• Upload pre-patched files.
• Download Magento installation
• Apply the patch
• Upload files to a server
4. Analyze website activity: To keep track of what occurs on the website is crucial to prevent cyber-attacks. Magento has easy techniques to monitor website activity.
If you owe Magento eCommerce website, you can see backend action log. Just do the following to get it done:
• Master Admin→ Store→ Settings→ Configuration
• Go for “Advanced”→Admin
• Expand “Admin Action Logging”
• Mark the checkbox for enabling admin logging
• Clear the checkbox for disabling admin logging
5. CSRF Protection: The CSRF (cross-site request forge) attacks on Magento were quite common in 2017. Due to this, Magento comes up with secret CSRF tokens on forms in Magento website. It is impossible to hack for the hacker to enter the site without the token number.
The vital part of keeping your Magento website secure need not want you to become full-blown hacker; rather it wants you to understand the simple things which help in making your Magento based website secure.
Are you looking forward to knowing more about Magento website security? We, at panacea, will assist you and help you in making your Magento eCommerce site secure. For more details drop us a mail at email@example.com.