Android’s latest version, which is 9.0, is termed as the Pie. The previous few versions of Android brought in a few tweaks, but Pie has some considerable additions that must be appreciated. Herein, we discuss nine new features introduced by Android mobile app development.
More information about notification
This topic consists of the following three navigations:
• To view more info, tap See all from last 7 days.
• To view the apps that have pinged you recently, refer to the Recently sent section.
• To view those apps that have been sending distracting notifications, tap Notifications in Settings > Apps & notifications.
Selection of text has become easier
In case your routine involves a lot of copy and paste, there is one useful change in Pie. When you do a long-press to select text, a little magnifier pops up. It displays the text that you are exactly selecting.
Selectable dark mode
A dark mode was included in Android Oreo. However, the decision to enable it depending on the wallpaper was automatically decided by the system. Now in Pie, you can do the selection yourself. For this, tap Device theme, after moving to Settings > System > Display > Advanced.
Improvement in sound and volume
Oreo had two Bluetooth options, while Pie has increased them to five. You can have these connections simultaneously. These calls can reach those Bluetooth devices that can handle the calls. Now, the phone remembers the individual Bluetooth device volume. Thus, if you use the Bluetooth speaker at maximum volume, the possibility of blowing your ears out with the earbuds does not exist. The following functions exist:
• To make detailed adjustments after opening the Sound menu, select the Gear icon.
• To unmute or mute media audio, tap the Note icon.
• The Calls volume can be toggled among Mute, Vibrate, and Ring by tapping the icon above the Note icon.
• If the Volume button is pressed, the slider does not appear on the top but the right side.
• If you press Volume buttons, rather than the ringer volume, the media volume gets altered. This simple change in volume functionality facilitates avoiding opening of a YouTube video and playing it at maximum volume accidentally.
Rotation of the screen has become easier
Depending on how the screen is situated, Android changes the orientation of the screen automatically. If you need to switch from landscape to portrait and vice versa frequently, locking the orientation to one of these becomes troublesome. However, it has become possible to lock the orientation. If you turn off Auto-Rotate and rotate your device to landscape, a new icon is displayed on the right side of the navigation bar. If you tap this icon, you can lock the landscape orientation. To rotate back to the portrait orientation, you need to tap the icon again.
Panacea Infotech is an Android app development company USA, which can use all these new features.
Shortcut to the new screenshot
For shortcuts, the default combination is the Power + Volume down button. This is a little cumbersome to use. In Pie, it is possible to use the Power menu to take a shortcut. The notification has the Edit command, which when tapped seems to make changes to the screenshot.
Several accessibility features exist in Android, which cannot be easily accessed. Pie has a new menu, which simplifies access to common functions. Go to Settings > Accessibility > Accessibility Menu to enable this menu. You have to turn the Use service slider on, and then confirm the prompt. Now, to the right of the navigation bar, you can view a new icon. If you tap this icon, a large menu is displayed. It has shortcuts to Quick settings, Recent apps, and Volume, etc. Due to this, users can have easy navigation to access Android’s features.
This is a very interesting feature. You can understand how often you use your phone. You can also know the apps with which you spend maximum time. This feature has a dashboard that displays how frequently you check the phone, the duration you spend in handling apps, and the number of notifications sent by the apps to you. It is also possible to set daily time limits to prevent yourself from indulging in time-consuming apps.
When it is time to sleep, the Wind Down feature changes the phone to gray-scale. The Pie also has a Do Not Disturb feature, which turns off video and audio notifications. Thus, it serves as a blockage for all distractions. The Digital Wellbeing feature is expected in Pie in the future.
In emergency situations, the phone is safeguarded by the lockdown mode. To enable this, go to Settings > Security & location > Lock screen preferences > Show lockdown option, and then on the Power menu, tap Lockdown. This action hides notifications on the lock screen, disables Smart Lock and fingerprint unlocking, and locks the phone. To unlock the phone, you should use your pattern, password, or pin. This is a very helpful method in case a thief coerces you to use biometric methods to unlock the phone.
A second feature is about restriction to SensorManager sensors, camera, and mic from idle apps. It happens that you have given permission to your app to access the microphone. However, unless you are actively using the app, this app cannot access the microphone.
In addition to the above, the Android mobile app development has resulted in Pie having rounded corners across the OS, refreshed fonts, and more colorful Settings menu.
The world is getting restricted to smartphones these days. People are attracting more towards smartphones and ditching desktops as various things can be achieved hands on.
This resulted in boosting the growth of mobile app development and especially on Android. Business app development for Android has given more satisfaction to end users in comparison to other platforms. Demand for development of business app has reached on a new level and has insisted the developers go ahead for android app for business.
And as the impact of the Android mobile app development on business growth is positive and undeniable, numerous companies are looking forward to developing an Android app to grow more the business that is the perfect blend of top-class technology and features having the best user experience.
Reason for selecting android app development:
If you are doubtful for selecting android for mobile app development, here are some of the reasons that you must opt android app development for business:
• High android users: In this digital era, various users across the globe are using android phones. So, in this dynamic competitive technological market, not having an android app for business means losing the limitless opportunities and customers in the business. When there is high competition going on in the market, no business can afford such a huge loss. So, it is suggested to look forward to android app developers for converting a website into an app.
• Target Multiple Platforms: Android app developers use java language for developing an android business app. This simply means that you can even port the app into other operating system like Ubuntu, blackberry and Symbian. Thus, one can take advantage of the development of the app by targeting multiple platforms.
• Open source platforms: Android is an open source platform. So Google won’t charge any of the fees for utilizing this platform. Moreover, Google also provides the tools for app development and technology for free. This aspect helps to cut the cost in the entire project. The costing of the project is fully based upon company to company depending on various other factors of android app development.
• Multiple device compatibility: The greatest merit of selecting an android app development for the business is that, there is no restriction for building an android app on the device. One can develop an app on windows desktop, Linux system and Mac.
• Faster Deployment: The overall period of deployment for iOS app stretches to weeks, whereas developing android app can take a couple for hours to develop. That’s the reason why various android app development companies recommend selecting the android as a platform. Business development procedure must be fast because as the app gets developed, the business will bloom.
• Customized App: One of the interesting fact about the android is enabling the android app developers to personalize the app as per the need and requirement of the business. This means that the development of an app can be done with right and specific requirements that might not be possible with other platforms.
So, in a nutshell, even if you are a product based company or service based company, it is essential to have an android app for your business. It will help the store to reach maximum potential customers and improves the sales and revenue. We at Panacea Infotech have experienced developers who have rich experience in developing and delivery high quality android apps which make us best in class app development companies in USA and across the globe.