Have you ever wonder that we all are living in the era where sci-fi films are predicted to an extent? Just a decade ago, video calling used to be laggy, having dropped frames, with incomprehensible sound. Video calling application developers that use various efficient compression algorithms along with high-speed internet connectivity have changed in this digital and technological driven world. Nowadays, we can interact with any of the person face to face with just a few clicks on the smartphones. This is the reason why app development companies in USA and across the globe are at its peak as everyone is looking to take smart mover advantage by developing the app for their services.
After being popular as a robust messaging app, WhatsApp came with its video calling feature. It is a cross-platform app that has huge active users who make tons and tons of video calls daily across the globe on Android, iOS, and Windows devices.
- It is free to have a Video call or voice call,
- The user can share images, videos, documents and much more with its multimedia feature.
- Simply download WhatsApp on end user system, verify the number and start receiving messages.
- Set custom wallpapers, notification ringtones, easily, etc.
Developed and designed especially for Apple devices, FaceTime makes it very easy to connect the people no matter which country they belong to or at which corner of the world they are in. End user are simply one click away from making an HD video call on any iPhone, iPad, or Mac device.
- High Definition video calls upto 720p
- User can receive incoming calls on MAC too that makes it easy to answer.
- Even if FaceTime is not running end user can receive the incoming call on iOS devices.
Skype does not need an introduction as it is one of the most popular video calling app for individuals and working professionals. With its new and latest design, features and vast active user base, Skype helps in staying connected with people across the globe. Skype works on a huge number of devices and is one of the most trustworthy video calling apps.
- Send text, videos, photos, voice messages, and many more.
- With skype end user can call on any device, mobile, or landline.
- A low rate of calling to landlines and phones around the globe
As popular as Facebook, this video calling app is very trustworthy among its user. Facebook Messenger is free for both iOS, and Android users with the help of any web browser logged into end user Facebook account.
- Users can easily find end user friends, with names or phone numbers,
- Connect with people immediately.
- Compatible various operating systems and devices.
- Add effects to end user pictures, fun art, and videos. Share them immediately with end user connections.
Launched in 2016, Google Duo is one of the best video calling apps in 2018. The app is very easy to use. Just Log in, verify end user number, and start quick video calls like normal phone calls. Its simple app’s interface brings its video calling feature to the forefront.
- An end user can make calls across Android and iOS devices due to its cross-device compatibility.
- A user can check the person identity before picking the call.
- Faster and reliable video calls regardless of Wi-Fi or mobile connection.
- Very fast and trustworthy video call even though the Wi-Fi or mobile data connection is slow.
- The simple interface helps in making video calls easier.
A hangout is one of the best video calling app if end user are brand specific, backed up by Google. A hangout helps end user in connecting with up to 9 people at a once. It is not mandatory to sign up with a new account if end user have one. Hangouts can be installed on iOS devices as well as on Android-powered smartphones and tablets.
- Group chats for up to 150 people include all end user contacts.
- It can change any of the group conversations in a video call up to 10 people.
- App can syncs chats across all end user devices and can be initiated with Android and iOS devices.
- Easily connect end user Google voice account for SMS voicemail integration and phone calls,
It’s a simple, trustworthy, fun to use and free, high-quality voice, video, and a group calling app and is highly secured for the users. This application can be used both in Android and iOS and is perfect for family and friends.
- Make the group or individual calls with High definition video quality along with clear voice.
- End user can share the end number of doodles, stickers, and photos in real-time while calling.
This video calling application drives users crazy for using video chats for real-time communication. Users can communicate by seeing a friend’s facial expressions.
- ALLO PEN helps in better communication at the time of video chatting.
- End user can connect faster to other users with direct call feature.
- Thumbnail screen feature is integrated with the video chat feature.
- A vast range of stickers for fun chats.
This is the most preferred chat app for most teenagers and as per the study; it was shown that Snapchat has left behind Facebook and Instagram due to its popularity among active users.
- Users can share small video clips.
- Snapchat stories that are news feeds can be made up of photos or videos
- A user can see the visual parties on snap chat.
It is a simple and easy video calling app for Android users that allows the end users for making free voice and video calls over both Wi-Fi and mobile data and is accessible to both iOS and Android users.
- Gives a fully secured end to end encryption for all messages, video and voice calls.
- Supports cross-platform calling.
- Send images, stickers and group call easily, etc.
- Less data consumption for video and voice calls.
The above-mentioned video calling app offers best in class features from which customers feel amazed. These video calling apps are continuously improving regarding features, functions, and optimization due to super competition and new business entering in this market. If end user are looking forward for developing such type of video calling app it is high time to collaborate with Mobile Application Development Company in USA and across the globe.
Android’s latest version, which is 9.0, is termed as the Pie. The previous few versions of Android brought in a few tweaks, but Pie has some considerable additions that must be appreciated. Herein, we discuss nine new features introduced by Android mobile app development.
More information about notification
This topic consists of the following three navigations:
• To view more info, tap See all from last 7 days.
• To view the apps that have pinged you recently, refer to the Recently sent section.
• To view those apps that have been sending distracting notifications, tap Notifications in Settings > Apps & notifications.
Selection of text has become easier
In case your routine involves a lot of copy and paste, there is one useful change in Pie. When you do a long-press to select text, a little magnifier pops up. It displays the text that you are exactly selecting.
Selectable dark mode
A dark mode was included in Android Oreo. However, the decision to enable it depending on the wallpaper was automatically decided by the system. Now in Pie, you can do the selection yourself. For this, tap Device theme, after moving to Settings > System > Display > Advanced.
Improvement in sound and volume
Oreo had two Bluetooth options, while Pie has increased them to five. You can have these connections simultaneously. These calls can reach those Bluetooth devices that can handle the calls. Now, the phone remembers the individual Bluetooth device volume. Thus, if you use the Bluetooth speaker at maximum volume, the possibility of blowing your ears out with the earbuds does not exist. The following functions exist:
• To make detailed adjustments after opening the Sound menu, select the Gear icon.
• To unmute or mute media audio, tap the Note icon.
• The Calls volume can be toggled among Mute, Vibrate, and Ring by tapping the icon above the Note icon.
• If the Volume button is pressed, the slider does not appear on the top but the right side.
• If you press Volume buttons, rather than the ringer volume, the media volume gets altered. This simple change in volume functionality facilitates avoiding opening of a YouTube video and playing it at maximum volume accidentally.
Rotation of the screen has become easier
Depending on how the screen is situated, Android changes the orientation of the screen automatically. If you need to switch from landscape to portrait and vice versa frequently, locking the orientation to one of these becomes troublesome. However, it has become possible to lock the orientation. If you turn off Auto-Rotate and rotate your device to landscape, a new icon is displayed on the right side of the navigation bar. If you tap this icon, you can lock the landscape orientation. To rotate back to the portrait orientation, you need to tap the icon again.
Panacea Infotech is an Android app development company USA, which can use all these new features.
Shortcut to the new screenshot
For shortcuts, the default combination is the Power + Volume down button. This is a little cumbersome to use. In Pie, it is possible to use the Power menu to take a shortcut. The notification has the Edit command, which when tapped seems to make changes to the screenshot.
Several accessibility features exist in Android, which cannot be easily accessed. Pie has a new menu, which simplifies access to common functions. Go to Settings > Accessibility > Accessibility Menu to enable this menu. You have to turn the Use service slider on, and then confirm the prompt. Now, to the right of the navigation bar, you can view a new icon. If you tap this icon, a large menu is displayed. It has shortcuts to Quick settings, Recent apps, and Volume, etc. Due to this, users can have easy navigation to access Android’s features.
This is a very interesting feature. You can understand how often you use your phone. You can also know the apps with which you spend maximum time. This feature has a dashboard that displays how frequently you check the phone, the duration you spend in handling apps, and the number of notifications sent by the apps to you. It is also possible to set daily time limits to prevent yourself from indulging in time-consuming apps.
When it is time to sleep, the Wind Down feature changes the phone to gray-scale. The Pie also has a Do Not Disturb feature, which turns off video and audio notifications. Thus, it serves as a blockage for all distractions. The Digital Wellbeing feature is expected in Pie in the future.
In emergency situations, the phone is safeguarded by the lockdown mode. To enable this, go to Settings > Security & location > Lock screen preferences > Show lockdown option, and then on the Power menu, tap Lockdown. This action hides notifications on the lock screen, disables Smart Lock and fingerprint unlocking, and locks the phone. To unlock the phone, you should use your pattern, password, or pin. This is a very helpful method in case a thief coerces you to use biometric methods to unlock the phone.
A second feature is about restriction to SensorManager sensors, camera, and mic from idle apps. It happens that you have given permission to your app to access the microphone. However, unless you are actively using the app, this app cannot access the microphone.
In addition to the above, the Android mobile app development has resulted in Pie having rounded corners across the OS, refreshed fonts, and more colorful Settings menu.
The world is getting restricted to smartphones these days. People are attracting more towards smartphones and ditching desktops as various things can be achieved hands on.
This resulted in boosting the growth of mobile app development and especially on Android. Business app development for Android has given more satisfaction to end users in comparison to other platforms. Demand for development of business app has reached on a new level and has insisted the developers go ahead for android app for business.
And as the impact of the Android mobile app development on business growth is positive and undeniable, numerous companies are looking forward to developing an Android app to grow more the business that is the perfect blend of top-class technology and features having the best user experience.
Reason for selecting android app development:
If you are doubtful for selecting android for mobile app development, here are some of the reasons that you must opt android app development for business:
• High android users: In this digital era, various users across the globe are using android phones. So, in this dynamic competitive technological market, not having an android app for business means losing the limitless opportunities and customers in the business. When there is high competition going on in the market, no business can afford such a huge loss. So, it is suggested to look forward to android app developers for converting a website into an app.
• Target Multiple Platforms: Android app developers use java language for developing an android business app. This simply means that you can even port the app into other operating system like Ubuntu, blackberry and Symbian. Thus, one can take advantage of the development of the app by targeting multiple platforms.
• Open source platforms: Android is an open source platform. So Google won’t charge any of the fees for utilizing this platform. Moreover, Google also provides the tools for app development and technology for free. This aspect helps to cut the cost in the entire project. The costing of the project is fully based upon company to company depending on various other factors of android app development.
• Multiple device compatibility: The greatest merit of selecting an android app development for the business is that, there is no restriction for building an android app on the device. One can develop an app on windows desktop, Linux system and Mac.
• Faster Deployment: The overall period of deployment for iOS app stretches to weeks, whereas developing android app can take a couple for hours to develop. That’s the reason why various android app development companies recommend selecting the android as a platform. Business development procedure must be fast because as the app gets developed, the business will bloom.
• Customized App: One of the interesting fact about the android is enabling the android app developers to personalize the app as per the need and requirement of the business. This means that the development of an app can be done with right and specific requirements that might not be possible with other platforms.
So, in a nutshell, even if you are a product based company or service based company, it is essential to have an android app for your business. It will help the store to reach maximum potential customers and improves the sales and revenue. We at Panacea Infotech have experienced developers who have rich experience in developing and delivery high quality android apps which make us best in class app development companies in USA and across the globe.