Are you trying to develop a new taxi booking app? Are you on the vogue to initiate something that will create a boom in the industry and trigger the folks to rate your app as the top one? Well, then you have come to the right page. This post is going to discuss how to make an Uber like app solution for your business. When it’s going to give you an end-to-end guide about the same, it will also steer you on the right track. The high demand for this trend has booked us to cover all the details on this blog.
The first thing you need to know about developing an advanced taxi booking app is that you actually have to build two separate applications, which would be connected to your admin dashboard: one for the drivers and one for the passengers.
So, once you are all set to create an amazing Uber like app solution, following are the essential features you should develop for the passenger’s app:-
- Register/login page: Social media integration is the best way you should plump for; sometimes, an email option is also fine to fo with
- Booking interface: The user will prop in their travel data in the screen and call a taxi or book one for later
- Fare calculator: Before a user places an order, fare calculator will help him/her get a perfect estimate of the cost
- Driver’s rating and reviews: This features will enable the user leave the much-required feedback on the driver, the trip, and the vehicle
- Messaging: This feature will be exclusively used by the operator to contact the driver and settle all the details including exact pickup point and drop-in location
- Payment: The app you develop should always enable your user to receive a fair quote and pay within the app itself. They should always be allowed to store their credit and debit cards for one-click checkout
- Push notifications: Apart from keeping the user updated on the booking process, it will also let him/her get all the necessary information on their ride like car model, color, number, estimated time of arrival etc
- Ride history: This feature will help the user get a complete detail of the previous trips. One can also rebook the same ride just with a single click
The idea of developing a taxi booking app should always be vibed with such creation that is enriched with a plethora of customizations to meet the requirements of the customers. The following features should always be developed from your end in order to provide the users with exactly what they are looking for.
- Easy Registration that permits the user to register and use the app on his/her mobile itself
- The most important payment feature that will allow the users to register their cards and automatize the payments
- Google maps that will be used as an indicator for measuring the pick-up and drop-in location
- Types of cab should be easily selected by the user
- The fare should be easily calculated
- The tracking feature should be perfectly accessible by the user
- Outstation cab booking features should also be there to offer the users the best of services
- A separate profile should be created for business and personal use
- GPS should be accessible in the form of voice-activated navigation app
- Analytic features should also be there in the app to enable some essential stuff like tracking of payment and other things
Now, when it comes to the driver’s app, some of the features are certainly going to match with the passenger’s app- push notifications, login, messaging and support etc. Nevertheless, there are additional features as well which are as follows:-
- Driver profile and status: While registering, the drivers will always be required to provide extra details for verification like tax number, license etc. Their availability and schedule will be adjusted by the status functionality used in the app.
- Order alert: Along with the details of payment and route, accepting and canceling of orders should also buzz the driver’s app as special alerts.
- Navigation: The passenger should be suggested the best route through the navigation option.
- Estimation: The ordered fare with the estimated discount should also be available in the app.
- Voice commands: The option of voice command should also be there to help the drivers when they will be too busy to type
- Waitlist: The feature of ‘waitlist’ will allow the users to add themselves to a waiting list, rather than refreshing the app over and over again in search of a ride.
- Free in-app calls: Last but not the least; free in-app calls should also be there in the taxi driver app, though in such case, VoIP integration may increase the price of the overall taxi app development.
Most importantly, the admin panel should always suggest the best navigation for the drivers. At the same time, it should also manage the entire revenue and collect data on your clients for further improvements. It’s always recommended that you start investing in admin panel development right from the very first day.
Panacea Infotech is one of the leading taxi booking mobile app providers, offering exclusive solutions right from beginning to the end. Having a core professional team on board, we adhere to every single requisite of our clients and give the best endeavor even if the project requires additional resources. Also, we have already implemented a number of successful projects and are ready to share our experience and answer all your queries.