Gone are the days when we had to search the search engines and ask long and complicated questions to find the information we looked for. A new type of technology has finally arrived on the market that makes research much easier: voice search. People use their voice to search much more often because it is more convenient. Therefore, it is also essential to optimize your site for these search results.
According to an NPR survey, around 65% of people who own voice-assistance-enabled smart speakers find it unmanageable.
Voice search is a new organic search. It is algorithm-based software that converts your voice into text. It is a voice-enabled search technology that follows the command for online search queries.
So when you say, Ok Google, Hey Siri, or Alexa. You already have a voice query activated on your phone or other IoT devices.
Let’s start with this novel technology from scratch.
What Exactly Is Voice Search?
- It is the process of transcribing human speech into text.
- Analyze the text to detect questions and commands.
- Later, Connects to external data sources such as search engines to find the relevant information.
- Translates that information into a digestible format and fulfills the user intent.
Moving on to the endless possibilities of using voice search, let’s see
How is voice search useful?
Voice search comes handy for handing multiple daily life operations or performing activities such as;
- Search for a favorite restaurant on the Internet
- Get directions
- Call/text someone
- Check the weather
- Schedule a reminder for
- Set an alarm
As the above task is quiet primary for voice search, it has immense capabilities to handle complex queries. Online shopping is one of the most common activities performed through voice search enabled by various voice assistants. A data reveals that almost 25% of searches on Windows 10 come through voice searches.
Tips While You Get Used To Voice Search SEO?
- Optimize the local search by understanding the pattern and preference in people’s way of voice search.
- Voice searches are majorly in the form of questions, so while planning a content strategy for voice search SEO, and create keywords in the form of questions.
- Work on page loading speed as an average voice search result loads within 4.6 sec.
The foundation stone of voice-enabled technology was laid long in the ’60s when IBM first introduced its speech recognition tool that recognized 16 words and digits.
Similarly, below is the timeline of how voice recognition turned into such a lucrative market since then.
- Texas Instrument released Speak & Spell in 1978
- IBM launched ViaVoice IN 1995
- Microsoft launched speech tools in Windows 95 in 1995
- Microsoft brought in Windows and Office XP speech using SAPI 5.0. in 2001
- Microsoft released Mobile voice search for Bing in 2007
- Google Added voice search for iOS mobile app
- Apple launched Siri for iOS in 2011
- Google Now launched in 2012
- Cortana, a voice assistant introduced by Microsoft in 2013
- Amazon rolled out Alexa & Echo for members in 2014
Since then, almost every tech company has a voice assistant integrated into devices and have a look where we are now. Nearly every task from hotel booking to online shopping is taken over by voice search. Some of the leading voice assistants are Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, Microsoft Cortana, Apple Siri, and Samsung Bixby.
Get your website optimized with Voice Search SEO. Panacea Infotech is a pioneering tech company helping all size businesses with digital marketing services stay competitive in the age digitization.
Collaborate to optimize!