This is 2020, the era of digital technology and safe connectivity, age of the Internet. In this fast-paced scenario, if you own a business but do not have a website, you lack many opportunities to make a profit. It is not that I am saying that every company has a website today, but today every business should have a website. After all, the entire globe is consuming tech-driven information at a fast rate. It is the need of an hour to go digital with website development.
E-commerce is a powerful force these days. Shopping online has become so popular that as per Word Stream, the average time between a product search and an online purchase is 20 days, 26 for Amazon.
For helping clear the air, in today’s post, I’ll be discussing the three major website development services platform that e-commerce is preferred around the world, as well as helping you make more informed decisions about its merits and demerits:
Let’s start with the Shopify:
Shopify is one of the famous name as a web development platform to help businesses around the world easily set up their online stores. Being a leading ecommerce solution provider, Shopify is one of the all-inclusive tools for developing a website, without the requirement of expertise.
More than ever, retail businesses need a multi-channel approach to build for now and tomorrow 🚀
We know the way we do business has changed. And, just like you, we’re thinking about how to adapt and thrive as things shift day to day, while also looking ahead.
— Shopify (@Shopify) May 4, 2020
Let’s understand some of its advantages and disadvantages:
- Shopify lets you focus on creating and selling new products, taking care of payment gateways, order management, and more.
- With many Shopify plugins to automate back-end tasks such as accounting, reporting, shipping, you get more time to focus better on marketing campaigns and increase your sales.
- It has a user-friendly interface which is installed well with enterprise resource management and other systems for hurdle free control of global distribution.
- One of the most acclaimed features of Shopify is its 24 * 7 customer service and support, which you can say not only via live chat or email but also in four different numbers based on your geographic location.
- Moving your store to the platform is a hassle in Shopify, as it will require expert instructions.
- If ever there is a need to optimize, you may need to hire a Shopify specialist to set up your website, which can add to the expense.
- Shopify is best for small or medium business owners or bloggers, for whom the appeal and ease of use of the website is a priority.
Moving Ahead towards WordPress:
Started just as a blogging platform in 2000s, WordPress is one of the popular and leading CMS platform. It is preferred by majority of website builders. Like Shopify, WordPress too have pros and cons which we have discussed below:
- The apparent power of WordPress is the easy content management system, which makes navigation on pages and content a piece of cake.
- WordPress makes it easy to manage content without user-friendly CMS content management skills and knowledge.
- It is a low-cost, mobile-friendly framework in which to choose multiple subjects. Built with minimal PHP coding, it facilitates the fast loading of the website.
- Accountability and consistency are essential in UX and WordPress offerings.
- As WordPress is an open-source platform, it is a threat to attack by potential hackers.
- Cybercriminals can easily install malware on their WordPress site, but be cautious when installing WordPress plugins.
- While it offers a wide variety of themes, these themes have so many useless codes, which also affects the speed and loading time of the site. Only a WordPress professional can solve this.
With Panacea Infotech, you can get a website developed by WordPress developers, Shopify developers, and so on. Well, we also offer custom web development service based on Magento. If you are looking forward to creating a dominant web presence, then we have a team of custom web development services, developing scalable and usable custom apps according to the client’s budget and needs. Right from transforming an idea into innovation and maintenance to marketing, we at Panacea Infotech offer development, which makes you stand tall in the competition.
Contact us now.