In recent years, mobile phones have become an extension of our life for almost everything. We use smartphones for music, clocks, alarms, e-newspaper, watching YouTube videos, catching up with friends across multiple platforms like SMS, WhatsApp, Facebook and Viber, checking email, various corporate apps for project management, time management and much more. Current statistics suggest that in 2020, 2.87 billion people would own smartphones.
This helps drive new ideas, innovation and exciting iOS and Android mobile app development trends to catch up with a growing demand of smart devices and apps on them. Here is a list of the most important and exciting tech ideas and trends to keep an eye in the coming years.
Artificial Intelligence (AI)
AI is set to provide business owners with some mouth-watering insights via machine learning tech, cognitive interfaces to complex systems and advanced analytics. We can see the power of AI in the mobile app space with apps like Microsoft Pix, Hound AI and SwiftKey AI.
Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR)
Many of us of recently encountered with AR and VR. Both of these technologies have transformed the entertainment and gaming industries. Games like iOnRoad, Pokemon Go, myNav and Sky Siege are great examples of AR games. On the other hand, VR devices like Google Cardboard, Oculus Rift and Samsung Gear VR are gaining popularity.
In 2017, global mobile payments surpassed $700 billion, a hike of approximately $500 billion over the past few years. Earlier in 2018, Google launched its payment service for simplified mobile payments. This brings Google Wallet and Android Pay under one umbrella. And we have an Apple Pay for iPhone users. Instead of using debit or credit cards, many people are utilizing apps on their phones to make payments, which give a big push to m-commerce.
Over the years, the demand for personalization or customization from business has grown exponentially. Airbnb and Netflix are some of the best examples of personalization. These apps monitor users’ preferences such as ‘which movie you watch’, ‘what is your favorite holiday destination’ and ‘what you search the most’ and then they tailor information to offer a personalized experience to each user. Many Android and iOS app development company are trying to incorporate this feature in their app by using big data.
Cloud computing has boomed many industries in the recent years. With cloud computing, developers can design an app that has less impact on the internal memory of mobile devices. Google Drive and Dropbox are the best examples of cloud computing.
The wearable apps are diversifying and are going to be one of the fastest growing trends in the coming years. Currently, there is a huge range of wearable devices available, from smart watches to count your calories, smart sneakers to evaluate your walking pattern, smart gloves to assist you with your golf swing and wristbands to evaluate your sleep quality. Expect this only to get bigger.
Blockchain is not only the technology behind cryptocurrencies, but it is more than that. The blockchain is a digital ledger of economic transactions, which can be designed to record not only financial transactions, but everything, that has value. It has the ability to change the way in which we currently operate our lives and businesses. The technology is expected to become more prevalent in business and everyday life.
Strict App Security
According to reports, around 75 percent of the apps available in the market wouldn’t be able to clear the basic security test. As many apps require personal as well as confidential information to install and run on smart devices, it has become important for Android and iOS app developers to pay special attention to security factor.
Internet of Things (IoT)
The IoT is a physical objects’ network embedded with sensors, software, network connectivity and electronics. These elements allow objects to gather and exchange information without human interference. In the coming era, this incredibly exciting and game-changing is going to be an explosive technology.
An application based on this tech is vast across healthcare, hotels, retail outlets, sports and event venues, museums, restaurants, and much more. Assisting businesses and people with relevant location-based data is only going to rise.
The mobile app development is one of the growing industries and the next big thing is always coming here. Tech offers much more than excitement and innovation, which can change everyday lives on a grand scale and have the potential to solve big problems.
In this ever-changing digital world, developing a mobile app is the most effective way to market your business and getting the required exposure in the market. Today people prefer using apps to communicate with friends, access the internet, collecting information and many other tasks. Considering the past statistics, it is expected that there will be over 160 billion app downloads in 2018.
For business thinking about creating an android app, it is wise not to hire any startup app development company in the USA. Before hiring any android mobile app development company, it is important to carry out detailed research. This process includes a number of questions, which will prevent a lot of headache in the future. These questions will help you gain insight into the reliability of companies to select the best app development company in the USA to create your Android app.
Here are some questions that you should ask android mobile app development companies before hiring them:
1. Can you provide me with detailed information about the type of services you offer?
The answer to this question will give you an idea about what to expect from the app development company. This question will assist you to gain information about the company’s beta testing services. Many mobile app development companies in the USA offer other services than just app development. The quality assurance service is one of the important things you should look for while hiring a company to create Android app.
Here is a list of the services that you should expect from your mobile app development partner:
• Business analysis
• Actual app development
• Quality testing
• App launch
• After launch maintenance and services
You can contact various app development companies in the USA and compare their answers to find a suitable partner to develop your android app.
2. How much time and involvement you expect from me?
This is one of the most important questions to android mobile app development company. For any company, it is impossible to create an app without your involvement, but the level of involvement required will give a better idea about the possibility to work with them. Some mobile app development companies prefer to handle mostly everything on their own, whereas some require their clients to be more collaborative.
3. Can I have a look out your previous work or portfolio?
You should never skip this question while hiring a mobile app development company. High level of expertise and numerous years of experience are not all that you should look for. To demonstrate expertise and experience, there should be something to see, a proof of their work and portfolio is the ultimate way for that. The past work/portfolio will offer you a briefing about an app development company; it will give you an idea about their skills, their potential to think out of the box and execute the concept and the type of apps they specialize in creating.
Another way to know about the company is to read reviews from their past customers on different review website; you can also check their online portfolio. A professional firm will show their portfolio, even before you ask. To ensure a good ROI, the company portfolio is highly important.
4. Will you going to assign a dedicated team to work on my app?
The mobile app development is a continuous process which needs a series of changes and communication. To achieve a seamless app development process, having a dedicated team is a must. A dedicated team working on your project eases the way to communicate and minimize the time required to make or implement new suggestions. Knowing how many other projects the company will be working on simultaneously is very important.
5. Can you arrange a call or a meeting with your past clients, especially those who are working in the same industry?
Every company showcases themselves as the best in the industry, but their past clients are the ultimate source to get a factual, impartial and independent report. Talking with old clients provides you with a clear idea of how a company manages its relationship with its clients. A few points that you should get an idea include their communication process during the development, how the company handled deadlines and how good are they in handling pressure.
6. What will be the communication medium through the development process?
Developing an app is a continuous process, which needs various exchanges between developer and clients. Hence, it is important to select the best communication medium. It is very important to question the company about their mode of communication; some of the common communication ways are in-person meeting or communication over emails or phone calls. If their mode of communication suits your schedule and work infrastructure, you move one step closer to your partnership. You should also get a clear idea about how regularly you will be getting an update on your project.
The above steps will help you to choose the best app development companies in the USA to create your Android app.
Android’s latest version, which is 9.0, is termed as the Pie. The previous few versions of Android brought in a few tweaks, but Pie has some considerable additions that must be appreciated. Herein, we discuss nine new features introduced by Android mobile app development.
More information about notification
This topic consists of the following three navigations:
• To view more info, tap See all from last 7 days.
• To view the apps that have pinged you recently, refer to the Recently sent section.
• To view those apps that have been sending distracting notifications, tap Notifications in Settings > Apps & notifications.
Selection of text has become easier
In case your routine involves a lot of copy and paste, there is one useful change in Pie. When you do a long-press to select text, a little magnifier pops up. It displays the text that you are exactly selecting.
Selectable dark mode
A dark mode was included in Android Oreo. However, the decision to enable it depending on the wallpaper was automatically decided by the system. Now in Pie, you can do the selection yourself. For this, tap Device theme, after moving to Settings > System > Display > Advanced.
Improvement in sound and volume
Oreo had two Bluetooth options, while Pie has increased them to five. You can have these connections simultaneously. These calls can reach those Bluetooth devices that can handle the calls. Now, the phone remembers the individual Bluetooth device volume. Thus, if you use the Bluetooth speaker at maximum volume, the possibility of blowing your ears out with the earbuds does not exist. The following functions exist:
• To make detailed adjustments after opening the Sound menu, select the Gear icon.
• To unmute or mute media audio, tap the Note icon.
• The Calls volume can be toggled among Mute, Vibrate, and Ring by tapping the icon above the Note icon.
• If the Volume button is pressed, the slider does not appear on the top but the right side.
• If you press Volume buttons, rather than the ringer volume, the media volume gets altered. This simple change in volume functionality facilitates avoiding opening of a YouTube video and playing it at maximum volume accidentally.
Rotation of the screen has become easier
Depending on how the screen is situated, Android changes the orientation of the screen automatically. If you need to switch from landscape to portrait and vice versa frequently, locking the orientation to one of these becomes troublesome. However, it has become possible to lock the orientation. If you turn off Auto-Rotate and rotate your device to landscape, a new icon is displayed on the right side of the navigation bar. If you tap this icon, you can lock the landscape orientation. To rotate back to the portrait orientation, you need to tap the icon again.
Panacea Infotech is an Android app development company USA, which can use all these new features.
Shortcut to the new screenshot
For shortcuts, the default combination is the Power + Volume down button. This is a little cumbersome to use. In Pie, it is possible to use the Power menu to take a shortcut. The notification has the Edit command, which when tapped seems to make changes to the screenshot.
Several accessibility features exist in Android, which cannot be easily accessed. Pie has a new menu, which simplifies access to common functions. Go to Settings > Accessibility > Accessibility Menu to enable this menu. You have to turn the Use service slider on, and then confirm the prompt. Now, to the right of the navigation bar, you can view a new icon. If you tap this icon, a large menu is displayed. It has shortcuts to Quick settings, Recent apps, and Volume, etc. Due to this, users can have easy navigation to access Android’s features.
This is a very interesting feature. You can understand how often you use your phone. You can also know the apps with which you spend maximum time. This feature has a dashboard that displays how frequently you check the phone, the duration you spend in handling apps, and the number of notifications sent by the apps to you. It is also possible to set daily time limits to prevent yourself from indulging in time-consuming apps.
When it is time to sleep, the Wind Down feature changes the phone to gray-scale. The Pie also has a Do Not Disturb feature, which turns off video and audio notifications. Thus, it serves as a blockage for all distractions. The Digital Wellbeing feature is expected in Pie in the future.
In emergency situations, the phone is safeguarded by the lockdown mode. To enable this, go to Settings > Security & location > Lock screen preferences > Show lockdown option, and then on the Power menu, tap Lockdown. This action hides notifications on the lock screen, disables Smart Lock and fingerprint unlocking, and locks the phone. To unlock the phone, you should use your pattern, password, or pin. This is a very helpful method in case a thief coerces you to use biometric methods to unlock the phone.
A second feature is about restriction to SensorManager sensors, camera, and mic from idle apps. It happens that you have given permission to your app to access the microphone. However, unless you are actively using the app, this app cannot access the microphone.
In addition to the above, the Android mobile app development has resulted in Pie having rounded corners across the OS, refreshed fonts, and more colorful Settings menu.
Food Apps are crucially one of the most important applications that any food lover will have in their devices. There are millions and millions of the foodies who just have initiated food in their lifestyle. So, it is an excellent time to create android app along with the iOS for attracting more of foodies on your food counter.
In this digital era, there are end numbers of useful apps that are fully dedicated to food. Right from checking up the recipes, to watching the one who cooks to ordering the food online, there are various food delivery apps for every food lover.
Let’s see the top rated apps that every foodie must install in their smartphones.
Faso’s is one of the best apps with delicious and freshly cooked up meals that delivered directly to customers’ doorstep. The user interface is very simple, and it enables you to choose the favorite food item from the vast range of options from salads and wraps to non-veg stuff, and fresh ingredients are used to make all food items.
1. Real-time tracking of orders.
2. Simple payment interface for fast placing the order.
3. Earn credits through app referrals
2. Foodpanda :
It is one of the largest food-based delivery apps with serving in more than 50 countries along with more than 15000 restaurants options, Foodpanda has lots of variety of food stuff offering to customers tables like Chinese, Thai, continental and Mexican etc.
1. Select the best restaurants near you.
2. vast cuisines options
3. Live access to status updates for tracking the food orders.
3. Zomato :
Find the best and nearest greasy spoons either to eat and order in the form. Go through the photos, customer reviews ratings and menus to decide what you are looking to eat for your next meal. The app can be accessed in UAE, India and the Philippines.
1. Easy searchings for pubs, cafes, restaurants by location and cuisine.
2. Use advance filters for finding the restaurants.
3. View menus, user reviews and restaurants through images.
4.Food Science and Nutrition Technology:
This is one of the best apps for any foodie. This app solve almost all interesting questions and queries based on various fields of food therapeutic, diets and food microbiology.
1. An end user can explore various branches of food science.
2. A user can put something together if they find anything missing.
Yelp works in 130million restaurant across the globe, so it is considered as one of the largest and most preferred food apps for food lovers. No matter you are new to the city, then yelp can suggest you for finding the right places from breakfast to dinner.
1. Find the nearest and top-reviewed restaurants easily.
2. Booking of a table as per your desire.
3. Best Deals and discounts on food and drinks
Select, share and store best cooking recipes with cork pad. This app has 5,000 easy homemade food stuff recipes from the UK along with 120000 English language recipes. Moreover, you can also meet the people who are cooking lovers and can share innovative and new ideas to cook.
1. Easy access by bookmarking the recipes.
2. Meet the other cooks by joining the cookpad community
3. Search recipes through ingredients or title.
Swiggy serves best when it comes to ordering food and beverages from your desired restaurants. They deliver the food from nearby local joints, food cafes along with 5-star restaurants having no minimum order restrictions.
1. Live tracking of the food delivery through swiggy and restaurants.
2. End number of payment option available
8. Uber Eats :
Uber Eats stands tall among the crowd when it comes to food delivery. It gives efficient options to search out the nearby restaurants, specific dish or cuisine to order the same. This app is currently working in various countries across the globe.
Various iOS developers feels that the uber eats is a benchmark when it comes to develop a food delivery app.
1. Pay from the existing user account of uber
2. Real-time tracking the order
3. Order from anywhere no matter how far or near the customer is
9. Food Quiz :
Food Quiz is a robust food quiz app having more than 7000 items. This app has the vast collection of food items across the globe that allows the end user to explore various food stuff from different regions. The best thing about the app is, it can be synced with social media site like facebook so that end user can open the app from the desktop too.
1. Almost 400 packs of food differentiated in 25 countries
2. An app can be used and viewed in 8 different languages
10. Yummly recipes :
It is a smart cooking book that avail customization help in every single way. Right from recipe recommendations to quick cooking videos, the Yummly app has almost everything that a foodie requires to enhance their chef skills.
1. 2million+ recipes search
2. The end user gets personalized recommendations as per taste and nutrition preferences.
3. Get the option to save, collect and organize the desired recipes.
11. Eatigo :
Eatigo is table booking app for the restaurants that avail time-based offers and deals in more than 4000 restaurants. Eatigo is free of cost app with no hidden costs or payments.
1. No requirement of pre-payment
2. Grab the best discounts and deals as per your location and choice of restaurants.
3. Book your table for 3easy steps- Browse, choose and select the time and date.
Wrapping up :
When it is the matter of food, the various people can’t use web browser for finding their favorite recipes or restaurants. Well, in this digital era they look for the app which can settle their needs. So, it is high time for the food based firms for mobile app development to stay competitive in the market. We at Panacea InfoTech, have experienced developers who have experienced in delivery the apps as per your business requirement.
The world is getting restricted to smartphones these days. People are attracting more towards smartphones and ditching desktops as various things can be achieved hands on.
This resulted in boosting the growth of mobile app development and especially on Android. Business app development for Android has given more satisfaction to end users in comparison to other platforms. Demand for development of business app has reached on a new level and has insisted the developers go ahead for android app for business.
And as the impact of the Android mobile app development on business growth is positive and undeniable, numerous companies are looking forward to developing an Android app to grow more the business that is the perfect blend of top-class technology and features having the best user experience.
Reason for selecting android app development:
If you are doubtful for selecting android for mobile app development, here are some of the reasons that you must opt android app development for business:
• High android users: In this digital era, various users across the globe are using android phones. So, in this dynamic competitive technological market, not having an android app for business means losing the limitless opportunities and customers in the business. When there is high competition going on in the market, no business can afford such a huge loss. So, it is suggested to look forward to android app developers for converting a website into an app.
• Target Multiple Platforms: Android app developers use java language for developing an android business app. This simply means that you can even port the app into other operating system like Ubuntu, blackberry and Symbian. Thus, one can take advantage of the development of the app by targeting multiple platforms.
• Open source platforms: Android is an open source platform. So Google won’t charge any of the fees for utilizing this platform. Moreover, Google also provides the tools for app development and technology for free. This aspect helps to cut the cost in the entire project. The costing of the project is fully based upon company to company depending on various other factors of android app development.
• Multiple device compatibility: The greatest merit of selecting an android app development for the business is that, there is no restriction for building an android app on the device. One can develop an app on windows desktop, Linux system and Mac.
• Faster Deployment: The overall period of deployment for iOS app stretches to weeks, whereas developing android app can take a couple for hours to develop. That’s the reason why various android app development companies recommend selecting the android as a platform. Business development procedure must be fast because as the app gets developed, the business will bloom.
• Customized App: One of the interesting fact about the android is enabling the android app developers to personalize the app as per the need and requirement of the business. This means that the development of an app can be done with right and specific requirements that might not be possible with other platforms.
So, in a nutshell, even if you are a product based company or service based company, it is essential to have an android app for your business. It will help the store to reach maximum potential customers and improves the sales and revenue. We at Panacea Infotech have experienced developers who have rich experience in developing and delivery high quality android apps which make us best in class app development companies in USA and across the globe.