Qualified Candidate :
- The web designer should:
- keep up to date with advances in computer technology and how this affects the business environment
- have skills in software programming and graphics
- have creativity and imagination
- be adaptable and able to pick up new techniques
- have good interpersonal and communication skills
- be able to work on their own or in a team
- be able to work to tight deadlines
- be thorough and precise in their work
- be able to multi-task
- be aware of international web standards and protocols
- Be able to use their initiative.
- Attend client meetings during the sales process and during development.
- Work with clients and Project Managers to build and refine graphic designs for websites. Must have strong skills in Photoshop, Fireworks, or equivalent application(s).
- Convert raw images and layouts from a graphic designer into CSS/XHTML themes.
- Establish the purpose of the website based upon its target audience
- identify the type of content the site will host
- determine any functionality that the site must support, for example, whether it will handle financial transactions or enquiries
- Give guidance on layout, colors and styles. This will determine the type of technology to use and how complex the site will be.
- write the programming code, either from scratch or by adapting existing website software and graphics packages to meet business requirements
- test the website and identify any technical problems
- Upload the site onto a server and register it with different search engines.