The newspaper sales have decreased as media launched their mobile apps for news. There has been a 7% drop in sales in 2015, and it will rise as per the predictions. According to a survey, the end-user spends 2 hrs on the phone to check out the news updates.
Newspaper mobile apps have taken over the printed newspaper with the changing time in this technology-driven world. As per the report, only 2% of the Americans said that they read printed newspaper and find it relevant. Almost 85% of the US population either do not read the printed newspaper or read it either on a mobile application or on a website.
It is found by the Audit Bureau of Circulation (ABC) that in a readership of print media has lower down in countries like the US, UK, India, and Germany tremendously.
So, all these studies and statistics have proved that newspaper mobile apps are the primary choice over print media. However, the cost of news app development is often a matter of concern for some news channels so it is crucial to consult mobile application development service for better proficiency in development.
We will talk about every aspect of how much it costs to build a newspaper app.
1. Return on Investment from apps: If you are looking forward to developing a news app by hiring mobile application Development Company in USA or across the globe, you have to know about the advantages you will get from the news app. It does not concern how much money you have invested in developing a news app as far as it gives some good return on investment.
2. Subscription: Just like readers pay for the printed newspaper every month, you can also apply this strategy to deliver quality content or updated news in exchange of monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or annual subscription.
3. Advertisement: As per the report “Businesses have spent more than $120 billion on mobile adv.”. It is a great source of income for various news companies for having a mobile app. Having a personalized app for businesses will initiate things. It will also be the best option to select the ads as per the interested reader pursues to boost the possibility of viewing the ad.
4. Sponsored Campaigns: To run personalized sponsored campaigns on your news mobile app is another way to generate revenue through mobile apps. Events tickets or shows can be sold out on the app. This can also be initiated for the specific location or the particular people with the same interests.
5. More readership and reach: No doubt, Mobile app will boost the reach of an audience as people prefer to read virtually. However, with the increase in reach, readership will also get an increase. Countries like Spain, Sweden, and South Korea have a greater number of app users. The way in which content is displayed on apps is very much appealing than print media. Using GIF’s and HD images boost the chance of readership.
So, it all depends on how the app is developed and how the smooth and attractive user interface it pursues. So, it has had has been thumb rule that better the app, more will be the ROI.
However, if you know how to develop a news app for Android or iOS, then you should pay only for the tools. Few app development cost calculators can provide an estimate of development cost.
Our robust and experienced team of app developers know about developing a newspaper app. Contact best mobile app development company who can assist you in developing brilliant news app.
In search of exclusive tips on user retention? Thinking of opting for good application development companies in USA? This blog can be a perfect cohort to you. User onboarding has a significant role to play in lowering abandonment rates and to give a boost to retention, the applications you are building should always offer impeccable user-experience.
Trying to bring in a distinct tint to your next mobile application development venture? Well, then you must be aware of all the recent trends that are making news nowadays. The much awaited Google Annual Developers Conference has brought forth quite a few amazing changes that are meant to be beneficial for any mobile application development move.
When it comes to taxi booking apps, Uber leads the way and has set a trend which, in turn, has revolutionized the life of drivers and commuters alike. By offering the commuters all the comforts of a personal car ride accessible on demand minus, it has actually become a trendsetter. When the worries of ownership, repairs or parking space constraints have become things of past, concerns like expenditure and safety have also mitigated to a significant extent.
With the smartphone segment witnessing a familiar battle on a year-on-year basis, a tug of war between Apple Vs Android is quite common though! iOS application development Vs Android app development has rather been vying each other for a leading market share and supremacy ever since they have secured their place in the market.